Monday 11 June 2012

Review: Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub


I love a good scrub and I'm always looking for something to wake me up in the morning and sort out my scaly skin.  I picked up Soap & Glory's Breakfast Scrub recently, purely because I noticed that it had a maple fragrance.  I adore maple syrup to the point that when we were on holiday in California a couple of years ago, I made sure that everywhere we went for breakfast had pancakes and maple syrup on the menu.  I am really craving this right now, despite the fact it is the middle of the afternoon!


The packaging for this scrub is typical Soap & Glory - retro and cutesy.  I'm not particularly a fan of the packaging but I know that lots of people are.  For me, as long as the packaging is functional and serves its purpose, that is all I require.  One thing I do have to mention is that the tub is rather on the large side, which is great for value for money, especially as you only need a tiny amount each time, but not so great when it slips out of your hands and onto your toes in the shower, ouch!


First impressions upon opening the huge tub is that it is very sweet smelling.  Seriously, its like you have just opened a bottle of maple syrup and have taken a bit, long sniff, and although it is also supposed to contain oat, honey and almond, the predominant fragrance is maple syrup.  


The consistency of the scrub is very thick, as you can see in the picture above.  It is a 'proper' sugar scrub and the consistency reminds me somewhat of Elemis' Lime and Ginger scrub.  I have been using this 2-3 times a week, applied to damp skin on particularly dry, flaky patches of my body such as knees and elbows.  It has also been working a treat on my KP.  I would however recommend that you follow up with a body lotion or body butter as although I found the scrub fairly moisturising, the consistency was quite abrasive and you will need to be careful not to overdo it.  This is not a product you will need to use daily.

Verdict
If you are in the market for a hardcore scrub for particularly stubborn patches of dry, flaky skin this would be a great product to try.  It would also be fab for exfoliating before fake-tanning to ensure your tan applies evenly.  The only caveat I would mention is that it is very heavily fragranced so if you have a sensitive nose or an aversion to overly sweet scents, this will not be for you.  For sugar addicts like myself though, it is heavenly!
4.5/5

Where to BuyBoots,
Price - £9.50

9 comments:

  1. I'm actually looking for a new scrub so this came at just the right time! Laura x

    http://secrets-de-beaut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, this sounds fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love maple syrup too! I've seen soap and glory in sephora. It have never tried it! May have too soon!

    Where in California did you visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love maple syrup you will have to try this!
      We went all around the coast of California as we were travellign for just over 2 weeks - San Francisco, San Diego, LA, Pismo, as well as Napa and Yosemite. I loved California so much, would love to live there :-)

      Delete
    2. As a native californian- all amazing places!

      Delete
  4. My current scrub is I'm in the Mood for a Scrub by Bath & Body Works. This one looks so tempting though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that. I do love a good scrub though! x

      Delete