Tuesday 20 December 2011

Red Lips Week: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Monte Carlo and Rebelle

Rouge Coco Shine in Monte Carlo (62)

Today, I am introducing you to two of the more pigmented Rouge Coco Shines from Chanel - Monte Carlo (62) and Rebelle (63).  Admittedly these are not from my own collection, they are actually from my mum's, but I do tend to 'borrow' them whenever I am visiting!
Rouge Coco Shine in Rebelle (63)

Rouge Coco Shines are essentially a cross between a full lipstick and a balm.  They tend to look very pigmented in the tube, however they go on with a wash of shiny, often translucent colour, which is very wearable.  They tend to last only about 2-2.5 hours, due to their moisturising feel and shiny appearance and are very comfortable to wear.  The two I have picked for you are two of the red shades which would be ideal, again for those just venturing into the world of red lips and who don't want to make too much of a statement.  
From L to R: Rouge Coco Shine in Monte Carlo and Rebelle

Monte Carlo is a berry red which looks very shiny when applied.  It has almost a pinkish tinge to it and is certainly more of a blue-toned red.  It suits most complexions and skin tones as my mum has quite fair skin, whereas I currently have rather tanned skin (NC30) and I think it suits both of us.

Rebelle is more of a classic red, which is more orange-based.  In the swatch it looks like it has less shine, but on the lips this is not the case and it is still very comfortable to wear and not at all drying.

Verdict
Both colours are very easy and comfortable to wear, providing decent colour payoff in a moisturising formulation.  A good option for a wearable red lip if you are not yet ready to wear full on, opaque colour but would like to try something other than a gloss.
4/5

Have you tried any of the Rouge Coco Shines?

Price - £23
 

3 comments:

  1. I own rouge coco shine in evasion, a soft girly pink which I love for a natural finish with smokey eyes but these seem like a great way to try red lips without going too dramatic!

    Hayley x

    www.onewaytickettogorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley - oooh haven't tried Evasion yet, but have had a look online and it looks gorgeous. I can see these becoming an addiction - I also used to have Boy but it seems to have disappeared somewhere!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coolours! I've not tried any of the rouge coco shines but I really want to now! XX

    ReplyDelete