Wednesday 14 March 2012

Review: Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Make Up Remover Gel

A quick review on a product I discovered over the past two weeks when raiding my mum’s makeup and beauty stash!  When I visit my parents to stay for a few days, I never bother taking much makeup or many beauty products with me as my mum always has plenty of new things for me to try! 

On a recent visit, I discovered the Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Make-up Remover Gel.  This makeup remover is one I have overlooked until now, despite having previously tried several of the products from the Boots Essentials Cucumber range.  It has a gel consistency which is not too thick, (so it is easily dispensed) and  when applied with a cotton pad, it removes stubborn mascara easily, although I haven’t yet tried it with waterproof mascara.

One of the main issues I have with many eye makeup removers is that they leave a greasy, oily film around the eye area and I am pleased to report that there was no oily residue with this product.   It has a slight scent of cucumbers, although nothing too offensive, and is quite soothing to the whole eye area, although be careful not to actually get it in your eye as it will sting a little, so this is perhaps not good for those with very sensitive eyes.  I do prefer liquid makeup removers such as the Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make up Remover but this is a useful alternative to have in my rotation and at this price I can’t really find much bad to say about it!

Verdict
A good, hard-working remover which effectively removes everyday eye makeup and mascara.  Those with very sensitive eyes should approach with care, but it is very soothing and even my moderately sensitive eyes had no major issues with it.  It will not replace my beloved Garnier, but it is a great budget product that I was pleasantly surprised by.  I have already purchased my own bottle!
4/5

Price-  £1.42
Where to Buy - Boots

6 comments:

  1. great review! I love the garnier one which I found via your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like the Garnier one, its still my favourite!
      x

      Delete
  2. I've got this one, and I loved the smell but I found it really stung my eyes! I now just use it to take off eyeshadow and eyebrow makeup if I'm wearing any, because it's nice so I wanna use it haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it wasn't just me who winced as it got in my eye then?! I don't tend to wear much make up day to day but if I am wearing a lot, I tend to use another remover as it does sting when it gets in my eyes!
      x

      Delete
  3. I've tired this before and love it! Great review Xx

    ReplyDelete