Monday 14 May 2012

Model's Own Tropical Sun NOTD

Today's NOTD is Model's Own Tropical Sun from the Beetlejuice range.  I wasn't really fond of any of the other Beetlejuice shades but this one instantly caught my eye due to the shimmering pinky / peach / golden tones in the bottle.It reminds me a little of the Nars Orgasm polish, but obviously a lot cheaper!
Like I have found with other Model's Own polishes, it is quite thin and watery so it does require a bit of care when applying otherwise it is liable to spill over into your cuticles.

This is with two coats and as you can see there is still some visible nail line apparent in the photos, although it isn't nearly as obvious in person.  With another coat, I would imagine this would disappear or you could add a neutral base coat underneath for a more opaque finish.  Again, similar to other Model's Own polishes, I found it to last for around 3 days before there was any tip wear, but I don't use a top coat.

Verdict
This polish is perfect for injecting a little bit of sun into the gloomy Summer days we are currently experiencing.  I love the duo-chrome peachy shade with glimmers of gold that sparkle when they catch the light and at £5, it is an affordable treat.  If you are a peachy / coral fanatic like me, this is a must buy!
4/5

Price - £5, although they are currently £8 for 2 in Boots
Where to Buy - Boots, Model's Own, Asos

Or you could enter my giveaway here to win your very own Tropical Sun for  free!

2 comments:

  1. The shade looks indeed so exotic! hey, your nails looks like mine :)
    Pity I can't enter your giveaway. Hope you hold an international in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like this polish!
      I'm looking at holding an
      international giveaway soon, so keep your eyes open!
      x

      Delete