I've been thinking recently about things I just can't get to grips with as a beauty blogger, so here I present five reasons why I am a bad beauty blogger!
1) I cannot apply false eyelashes to save my life! I love the look of them once they are on but I just cannot manage it myself. At a recent friend's wedding I had to have my mum do them for me and it was particularly scary when she was veering towards my eyes with her Tweezermans, knowing she didn't have her glasses on! I really need to put some time aside and practice my application.
2) I don't do fake tan. I've naturally got a skintone that borders on olive anyway so I've never really seen the need for it. And I feel like my beauty regime takes long enough without having to fake tan my legs every time I want to get them out!
3) I never wear a top coat on my nails. Mostly because I change my nail colour every couple of days, so it doesn't have the chance to chip or wear. But also because I am extremely lazy.
4) I've never been threaded! This is something I will need to rectify soon as almost everyone I know has now jumped on the threading bandwagon. I'm not sure what I don't fancy about it- is it the fact that you sit in the middle of the shop getting it done for all and sundry to watch, or is it that I'm a bit icked out by the fact the thread goes through their teeth when they do it? I'm just not sure! Either way, I will be taking the plunge soon!
5) I just can't get to grips with cloth cleansers. I've tried Liz Earle and a couple of others and found that it seemed a bit of a palaver really. I much prefer gentle foaming cleansers or oil cleansers but it seems I am pretty much alone in the beauty blogging world :-(
Are there any things you don't do or thing you just can't get along with that everyone else seems to rave about?
I'd love to know I'm not the only one!