Wednesday 14 December 2011

Review: The Body Shop Earth Lovers Shower Gel in Pear & Lemongrass


I love shower gels! I know they aren’t the most exciting product every but I adore the endless fragrances and types available and I almost never repeat a purchase as I’m always in search of another must-have fragrance. Hubby on the other hand, is ever faithful to his trusty Original Source Lime shower gel and doesn’t like to stray…!

The Body Shop are a brand that I have come back to recently after several years in the wilderness. I read about their new shower gels some time ago and was particularly interested in them as they are 100% biodegradable and sulphate, paraben and colourant-free. As a beauty blogger, I feel like I probably subject my skin to quite a few chemicals on a daily basis and so I have been trying to purchase more natural or organic brands recently. The packaging is very clean and clear, which I feel goes to emphasise how natural the product is and you get a decent amount of 250ml for your money.

The first thing that struck me about this shower gel that was significantly different from others is how watery and liquid it was. You need to be REALLY careful when pouring it out, especially when you are half asleep in the shower in the morning, otherwise you will tip too much out, it will end up all over the bath and you will almost slip and knock yourself out (I know, I’ve been there!). Once you get over how liquid it is, and are used to the amount required, it is a very pleasant shower gel (shower liquid really) to use. The scent smells very natural, although I get more of the pear than the lemongrass and I don’t find it too drying on my skin like some foaming shower gels can be. As there are no sulphates included, it doesn’t foam so that is something you need to be aware of if you prefer your products to foam. Due to the lack of foam, I don’t think it would work well with a shower puff, although I haven’t tried it as I am not a big shower puff fan! 

The scent doesn’t last awfully long, perhaps because it contains real pear and lemongrass extracts rather than artificial scents. After showering the scent is pretty much gone from your skin and it doesn’t linger in the bathroom either - unlike Original Source Lime which I can always smell the minute I get in  the door if hubby has had a shower after his cycle home from work!

Verdict
If you like lots of foam and strong scents, this will not be your cup of tea, however, if you like your bathing products to be more natural, this would be a good choice and indeed I could also see it working well for those with very sensitive skin as the Body Shop produce an entirely unfragranced version. 
3/5


Price - £5
Where to buy The Body Shop

2 comments:

  1. great review! I like natural product but like a lather and foam too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I guess I am looking for the best of both worlds!
    x

    ReplyDelete