Now before I start, I have to admit this may be a bit of a 'gushing' post, but I've been blogging for just over six months now, and there has been so much I have learnt and enjoyed since I began. Here are five reasons why I love beauty blogging and the beauty blogging community.
1) It gives me an opportunity to obsess about new products and discuss them in minute detail with others. Many of my friends are rather ambivalent about makeup and beauty products, using the same tried and tested products day in, day out. For me, variety is the spice of life!
2) It gives me a creative outlet. I've always enjoyed writing and I find it stress-relieving at the end of a busy day to compose a blog post, especially when it is something that I feel passionately or strongly about.
3) I've discovered some amazing niche brands. Brands I would never have known about have now achieved holy grail status and have become daily staples, all thanks to reading other blogs.
4) I'm much more aware of the chemicals I am putting on my skin. I've been making a concerted effort to use organic and SLS free products and whilst I can't say that all my products are natural, I have found that with certain products, especially skincare, there have been significant improvements to my skin.
5) I've made some great friends through my blog. People, I may never otherwise have communicated with are those whom I interact with daily, whether it be through other blogs or on Twitter.
What do you love about beauty blogging or the beauty blogging community in general?
Great post! I love reading your blog. Agree with your comment no.1 - friends eyes glaze over after a while when I talk about beauty! I have also found loads of products I want to try on other blogs, yours included. xReplyDelete
Thank you, I see so much I want to buy on your blog too!Delete
I love all of the above and I love seeing different opinions on a certain product rather than the 100% postitive reviews in magazines.ReplyDelete
I agree, I much prefer reading reviews from people who have tried products, especially when they have similar skin type or tone to mine so I can actually get an idea of whether it will suit me or work for me.Delete
I love this point, I have just finished my second month of blogging and its becoming a serious additon and its nice to be able to talk endlessly about cream vs powder blush and not have my friends want to back away and unfriend me on facebook. Laura xReplyDelete
I agree! I feel like I don't have to bore my friends with beauty talk any more!Delete
these are a lot of my same reasons! I've gotten to "know" (thru the comp that is) other beauty bloggers, near and far:)ReplyDelete
I agree, Its a great way of getting to know people from around the world. xDelete
I agree with all your points :) I actually prefer reading blogs to magazines now - if I'm honest I really only buy a magazine now if there's a good freebie on the front! It's great fun meeting people, reading away and interacting. Plus like you say people actual listen and respond on here instead of the real life glazed look!! :D xoxReplyDelete
I never buy any magazines any more unless, as you say, there is a particularly good freebie, or if I am going on a long flight.Delete
Great post, agree with everything you say!ReplyDelete