Tuesday 3 April 2012

Review: Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Flush

I had been hearing a lot of raves about Daniel Sandler’s Watercolour blush recently, so when I was lucky enough to win a bottle of it in ‘Flush’ from the lovely Jen at A Beauty Junkie in London, I was very excited!

The major difference that you will notice with the Watercolour blushes is that it comes in a small bottle rather than the traditional compact for a cream or powder blush.  In that respect, I find it very like the Nars Illuminator products in that  you can dispense a little onto the back of your hand or fingertip, before blending in.
The bottle, although small, will last for ages as you only require the tiniest amount for each cheek.  You have to be very careful when tipping it out though as it can be quite runny and you also need to remember to shake it before dispensing as the liquid within can separate a little.

The colour when dispensed is very pigmented, as you can see from the swatch.  This was only the tiniest amount too!  When blended however, it gives a gorgeous natural flushed look, which I can imagine would be very buildable if you wanted to create a more obvious, brighter look.
Daniel Sandler recommends using the accompanying Watercolour Brush to apply and blend the product, however I have been using my fingers to apply and it blends very easily, so I guess it is a personal preference whether you prefer to apply face and cheek products with your fingers or a brush.

Lasting time was at least 6 hours on my oily cheeks, and it left a slight sheen, which I would imagine is due to the silicone content.   Those of you with normal or dry skin may find that it lasts for longer.


Verdict
I think one of the main selling points of this product is the unique formulation, along with the fact that it looks so darn cute in the bottle!  The colour is very buildable, so I could see it suiting a variety of skintones and I love how natural it looks on the skin too.  I think this is going to be one of my staples for a fresh Spring look.
4/5


Price - £12.50
Where to Buy Very, Feel Unique, Escentual

11 comments:

  1. This seems really unique and such a lovely colour too :)
    www.thestrawberryhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very unique and unlike any blush I have tried before.
      x

      Delete
  2. ooh that looks beautiful! I've never heard of a liquid blush before, bet that's great for not looking powdery in the summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do like it for Spring, although I'm not sure how well my skin will cope with it in summer as liquid products have a habit of sliding off in the heat!
      x

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about this blush, it looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and very natural to wear.
      x

      Delete
  4. This looks so pretty, I would love to try this product. The colour would be great for spring and it looks like it would give you a lovely natural glow. x

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really natural and gives a lovely soft colour.
      x

      Delete
  5. I've only tried the blush and one of the pigments so far but I'm very impressed.
    x

    ReplyDelete