Friday 6 April 2012

Review: Max Factor Ruby Tuesday

Max Factor's Ruby Tuesday is a shade I wouldn't have bought of my own volition, but as I won it from a  pack of Special K cereal bars (!) I thought it was worth trying out - after all, it was a free lipstick!


I don't own many Max Factor lippies and I'm not sure why really as I was quite impressed by this one.  The packaging is fairly robust for a drugstore brand and I liked the added touch of making the bottom of the tube the same colour as the lippy within it - this makes it far easier when it comes to finding the one you are after in a  morning!


The colour in the tube is a fairly neutral red, which perhaps leans a little blue-toned.  It reminds me a little of Mac's Russian Red.   When swatched, it looks slightly pink in tone and I could see this suiting a wide range of skintones from fair to dark.  

It glides onto my lips easily and is opaque with one swipe and it felt very smooth and silky, not at all drying and had a slight sheen finish.  I didn't experience any bleeding when wearing this and found it to wear for around four hours before the fading became noticeable.

Verdict
I was previously unfamiliar with Max Factor's lipsticks and this one impressed me greatly.  If I didn't know, I would think it was from a higher end brand due to its opaque, long-lasting colour.  I will certainly be taking a closer look at the Max Factor lipsticks from now on!
4/5 
 
Price - £7.99
Where to Buy - Boots, Superdrug, large supermarkets



8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour, a really nice daytime red :)
    www.thestrawberryhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was actually much more wearable than I thought it would be.
      x

      Delete
  2. Great review, and a lovely shade of red xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. Wish red suited me, looks lovely on you!

    Lola@LolaStarHearts..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fab lipstick! and hope you find the blazer too :)

    thanks for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm going to have a hunt around H&M for the blazer this week!
      x

      Delete